Massage therapy provides many holistic medical benefits from reduction in muscle stiffness, joint aches and tension, to lowering the blood toxin levels and soothing the peripheral nervous system.
Sitting in an office or in front of a computer can be detrimental to our bodies that were not designed to do this all day. Neck and shoulders become stiff and painful; muscles ache and joints seize up.
Studies show that, with regular massage, cancer patients experience substantial symptom relief such as reduction in anxiety, emotional distress, sleeplessness, nausea and pain.
Massage stimulates to lessen scar tissue. Recovery from post-surgery adhesions and swelling is also improved.
Massage Therapy Benefits:
- relieve pain
- prevent dysfunction
- enhance health and promote wellness
- lowers blood pressure
- releases ‘feel good’ endorphins
- stimulates the immune system by increasing lymphatic flow
- increases energy and lowers fatigue
- helps with concentration
- aligns posture
- improves complexion and skin tone
- encourages joint mobility, body flexibility and increased range of motion